Do You Have Shoulder Pain?
We don’t think much about our shoulders until they start to give us pain.
Most people immediately start looking for the best chiropractic care in Perrysburg because they are always using their shoulders to lift and extend their arms, to carry, wave and perform numerous other motions and tasks.
The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the body and as a result it is subject to a wide range of injuries and conditions.
Shoulder problems that go unchecked can lead to lifelong, debilitating issues.
In order to properly treat the shoulder joint and achieve long-term relief it is important to identify the cause of shoulder pain.
This article explains some of the common causes of shoulder pain and how chiropractic care can return the shoulder to functional health.
Symptoms of Shoulder Injury
Due to the wide range of causative factors, shoulder pain and abnormal motion in the joint may develop gradually or come on suddenly.
Symptoms of a shoulder injury are occasionally very subtle, but even these can develop into major issues.
Since the shoulder joint is used in the vast majority of activities that we engage in daily, all symptoms involving the shoulder should be monitored carefully and treated promptly to avoid progression of the problem.
Symptoms indicating the need for an immediate evaluation of the shoulder complex include:
- Shoulder pain that lasts for more than a week
- Shoulder pain that goes away and then returns frequently
- Difficulty raising your arm above your head
- Trouble or pain when carrying objects
- Pain in the shoulder joint that becomes more pronounced in the evening
- Any visual signs of damage to the joint such as bruising or swelling
- Unusual snapping or clicking sensations in the joint during movement